Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Girls Night Out

Last weekend, Janell and I attended an organized "Girls Night Out" at Pierpont Place up in Salt Lake. It was actually really fun. They had food, dancing, a raffle, and then things like manicures, pedicures, henna, feather extensions, etc. Janell and I both won things and then just hung out with all these random people all night. There were quite a few "older" women having the time of their lives on the dance floor. (I wish I had video).
However, I got into a conversation with one lady who kept telling me how beautiful we were and not to throw it away, but she did give me some advice that I thought about for a while. She was telling me to enjoy my youth and not waste it etc, but the thing that stuck out to me was when she said if she could tell me anything it was, to "Be Choosey". I feel like this probably is a very good thing to remember. I guess it just made me think a lot lately because I am making some big decisions about school and dating and etc. I feel like this is the time in my life where it is important for me to be choosey more than any other time, because this is the time in my life where I can be a little bit selfish and make sure that I get the things that I need for me. I just want to be happy and have a good life :)
I always recommend a good girls night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mildred Patricia Baena