Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Buffy Movie Without Joss Whedon

Last summer it was announced that another movie version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer was to be made without creator Joss Whedon having any involvement. As the months passed, I began to assume that this was no longer going to happen but it's just been announced that Warner Brothers are going ahead with a movie version by newcomer Whit Anderson and sans the Joss man after all. To be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. On one hand, nothing literally is sacred anymore and an issue such as being creator of an iconic show doesn't seem to matter but given how Whedon's Season Eight comics have become rather disjointed, dare I actually suggest that perhaps someone else's vision of Buffy Summers may or may not be a good thing? I guess time will only tell on this one.

Guardian Article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/nov/23/joss-whedon-buffy-vampire-slayer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mildred Patricia Baena